Fava Beans are a large microgreen with large green leaves and thick white stem. Very distinct strong bean flavour.
Rich in vitamins B-1, B-6, K, C, folate.Fava beans are 28% protein and just 3% fat!
Manganese, selenium, iron, copper, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
- Eating just 100g of fava beans provides you with 66% of the recommended dietary allowance for fiber.
- Rich in phytonutrients such as isoflavone and plant sterols which have been shown to lower cholesterol.
- Rich in folate (natural form of folic acid). Just 100g of fava beans provides 106% of recommended folate.
- Fava beans contain levodopa, the same chemical in medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- Rich in b vitamins which help metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Provide a full spectrum of minerals such as iron, copper, manganese, potassium, selenium, calcium and magnesium.